Differences are central to broadening our perspectives, creating thoughtful leaders and sparking new ideas. So, we are diligent about creating an environment that is inclusive and truly diverse. Our students, faculty and staff come from different backgrounds — intellectually, ethnically, economically and geographically — and we wouldn't have it any other way.
See what’s happening today.
Explore what makes us Northwestern.
- Trix Minitrix 15777 Schnellzugwagen 1. Klasse ÖBB NEU OVP
- Powerful Collaborations
- Lionel 6-39379 O Monopoly Boxcars 2pk Mediterranean St.James
- Tin toy soldiers painted bust emperor Napoleon
A truly welcoming community.
- Lionel NEW YORK CENTRAL SCALE RPO LNL85343 cultivates inclusive learning environments through programs that foster meaningful dialogue.
- Plastic Model 1 450 Matsuyama Castle Japan Famous Joy Collection Jj7 provides programming that creates opportunities for community engagement and identity expression.
- Academic Programs & Centers, home to majors, minors and research opportunities related to identity, social disparities and diversity.
Crossing academic disciplines.
Northwestern scholars are tackling some of our world’s most complex problems. These are bold goals that can only be accomplished through collaboration across diverse fields of study.
Some of our most exciting projects bring together disciplines for new partnerships.
- H0 2 Wiking Cgoldna Emsland Remolque Agricultura Apenas Suciedad Arañazo Emb.orig, a team of technologists, journalists and designers advancing news media innovation
- Oryon ART 6023 British Light Infantry 95th Regt. Rifles 1811 a graduate program covering a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines
- The Global Health Studies Minor, studying international issues with a public health focus
- Trumpeter 06601 Model Accessories for 1 350 HMS Hood Upgrade Barrel Propeller, a network of medical specialists, scientists and scholars exploring fertility preservation in cancer patients
Making an impact, everywhere.
Northwestern is no ivory tower. It’s a launching pad to every corner of the globe.
More than 32% of undergraduates supplement their academic studies with an international experience, such as field study, cultural immersion or exchange abroad. Our faculty collaborate with organizations and scholars around the world to advance research.
- Trumpeter 1 72 01688 Tu-128UT Fiddler model kit ◆, located in more than 20 countries around the world
- Vintage Batman Joker bedding comforter TWIN SIZE bedspread rare DC great cond, study abroad options focused on service learning and community involvement
- Sanei Pokemon All Star Collection-PP86-Absol Stuffed Plush, 8.25, a site for collaborative international scholarship
- Global and Research Opportunities (GRO) at Northwestern, a database showcasing all opportunities for international travel, learning and research experiences
The thrill of new connections.
It’s not just our state-of-the-art facilities or generous funding that makes Northwestern one of the most exciting major research universities in the country. It’s our mindset.
Our curiosity leads us to seek out the unexpected; our ambition leads us to work past mistakes to milestones. This unique environment fosters significant research across every discipline.
- New LIMITED EDITION Shopkins SHOPPIES GEMMA STONE Doll Exclusive toy 2016 HTF, including more than 90 school-based centers and more than 50 University centers
- Undergraduate Research (UR@NU), an office providing unique opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects
- Sunset Models 3rd Rail Brass O Scale New York Central P2 Engine 4-6-6-4 Electric, a searchable database of scholarly expertise across all disciplines of the University
- Discover Research at Northwestern, coverage of research discoveries as they are made
Northwestern’s Commitment to an Inclusive Environment
Northwestern University does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing, or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of any of these classes should contact the University’s Office of Equity.